Tuesday, June 9, 2009

One More Thing...


I had to share my 'go me' moment from last night.

Even though I've been keeping up with my cardio and a bit of strength work, I don't feel like I'm any where near where I was a couple of months ago. I'm working on being ok with it, but a small part of me is annoyed that I've let myself 'go' this long without the routine I had worked so hard to build.

So I took a baby step last night - my core has been greatly neglected, evident in the ever so slight twingies I feel in my low back when I'm not keeping it as strong as it needs to be. So I pulled out the Pilates DVD that hasn't seen the light of day in months, and braced myself for the worst.



I was very pleasantly surprised! I managed to not only do the 'roll up' without much struggle, I made it through the whole thing able to do all the exercises at nearly the 'advanced' level.

Except the pushups.

I know my upper body is my weak area - guess that's going to be the focus of next month's workouts.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I kid you not, I almost busted out my pilates DVD that's 20 minutes but I mowed the lawn instead! lol