Thursday, January 17, 2008

Resolutions... I has them



This picture was too cute...had to. :)

So yeah, today's been a day. I got woken up when my honey got home around 2 and couldn't get back to sleep, and it didn't really hit till about noon when I almost had a mini-meltdown for a minor reason. I think it's a combo of some of my subscriptions (I have too many issues, so it's cheaper this way. ;) rearing their ugly head, several nights of interrupted sleep, and just being worn out in general.

I've also been doing a lot of introspection after reading ECKHAM05's blogs the last couple of days. I'm sure I'll be writing more on it later, but a lot of what I've been thinking about is my relationship with myself and my connection (or lack of) to others. Just sort of in a weird brain place right now, and think tonight is going to be 'quiet brain' night - take a nice long hot shower, do some meditation and cuddling with the kittens. that always helps. It's just weird, though, how I can do really good at taking care of one or two things, but not several things at once - I do too much introspection, my brain is quiet(er) but my body gets neglected. I focus on food and exericse, and my brain gets neglected. I focus on the house and the other stuff falls apart. :/

OH! And then, when I'm starting to feel good about myself, and thinking I'm looking good, I notice there's a poster up in our area of a group walk thing we did last year... and the photo is of me, my honey & a co-worker... UGH! It's just not that flattering of a photo, and to look at it every day is really not that great. I keep trying to remind myself that it's a good 'before' photo.




Technorati : , , , ,

No comments: