Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Dance of Joy!



JonMChris - the pic is for you. ;) Although it looks like my kitten, Muggins. Hrmm... maybe *that's* why the rum is gone in the house!

Yay! I made it through the week with only minimal battle scars, *and* I met my weightloss goal for the week (first time evah!) so I gets to have a Sushi date with my honey. ::happy dance:: Haven't had sushi in ages and haven't had a date night in a long time, either.

So apparently I was tired again because I fell asleep around 9:30 last night while listening to my meditation thing - I think the kittens turned on the major sleep motors - I didn't even budge when my honey came to bed. I guess I needed it. I'm feeling a lot less melt down-ish today.

Been thinking about ECKHAM05's blog and realizing how tiring this whole process is. Having to constantly be mindful and aware of what you're eating, what you're doing, how much you're moving, etc., it takes a lot out of you. Yes, the pay offs are huge, but it's also an extreme excercise in delayed gratification. It's not like you work out for an hour, eat in your calorie range and *poof* you're a size smaller.

It's the little things that you notice after a few weeks, like putting on a freshly washed pair of pants and not having to do contortions to zip them up. Or running up stairs and realizing you don't sound like you're having an asthma attack. And it's also the realization that the yogurt with frozen fruit tastes better, sits better in the system, and is more appealing than the fresh donuts someone brought in to work that morning.

But my inner brat, Veruca, can't quite see that sometimes. She wants to just say "Heck with it! Lets eat an entire pizza instead of messing with getting a salad ready! And have ice cream for dessert!" We're slowly working on comprimising, and looking better in my clothes is helping with the convincing. Cuz above all, Veruca (and I) want to look S-L-A-M-M-I-N!

Although it's interesting, I thought I had it all figured out with my one inner brat. Then I realized, I actually had a second one - she's a lot quieter, but is the rebellious teenager - she is, for now, un-named. The one who is really strong willed in both good and bad ways. She's the one who comes out when there's something to prove, but unfortunatley, she's been using her powers for evil. It's the 'I'll show you how fat/lazy/disorganized/antisocial I can be!' I'm working on it though, to turn it around so we can prove how strong, fit, and slammin' we can be.

I know, in some circles, this is considered a mental illness, but we like the arrangement just fine. ;)




Technorati : , , , , ,

No comments: