Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's Cranky Thur-Wednesday


The short weeks confuse me. It's Wednesday, but yet it's Thursday, only a day away from the weekend...

And I was all ready to resign myself to a grumpy, apathetic week and then the stoopid PTB did it again... From the Healthy Reflection "Happiness is a state of mind, not a way of life or a destination that you'll reach one day. Bumps in the road of life are to be expected, and we cannot let them ruin our days."

Meh...Well, I'm gonna whine anyway, then get over it, K? k.

So I didn't get much sleep last night, despite my best efforts, and woke up kinda late this morning feeling out of sorts again. Not in a bad mood persay, but just... blah, and kind of apathetic.

This morning it was really bad. My honey sent me the info for his friend's wedding. They've been friends for a really long time , she's a really neat lady & she's going to be in our wedding. Just have been mildly annoyed that she got engaged after us and are getting married before hand... sort of like 'no one I know is allowed to have a wedding till after mine'. Not logical, but... yeah, whatever. It's sort of the whole worry that, if I throw a party, no one's gonna show up so why even bother? And *especially* if there's other stuff to go to, people aren't going to want to come to *my* thing... no matter if none of the same people are involved.

Then the kicker came - they're asking guests to wear Victorian era clothing... ok, I'm all for period style dress - do it all the time. But I hit that tailspin feeling of not being able to find anything , or feeling really embarresed going to a costume rental place and being too fat for any of the clothing, so again, why bother. Maybe I'll just send my honey without me and I'll wear a mumu for our wedding.

::flop::

And with the tired and the mood, instead of getting me fired up to kick butt, I feel rather shot down.

Why yes, I'd *love* some cheese with my whine... but be sure it's lower fat, k? Thx.

There's a lot going on right now and I'm feeling very overwhelmed, and Veruca's big sister (She really needs a name!) is basically doing the 'we can't do it so why bother' attitude. I think lunch time will be spent with making a list and looking at my calendar to put things in perspective *and* prioritize so we can turn it around and prove that there's a reason to bother. :)




Technorati : , , , , , ,

No comments: