Monday, March 2, 2009

Floundering February...


I have a confession. I know I wrote a very thoughtful and contemplative yesterday. Truth is, it's really bugging me. The 'floundering' that is/was going on in my mind and body is extremely frustrating to me at the moment.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall and barely making a dent. I'm annoyed at myself for placing so much emphasis on the numbers rather than the physical proof that I can see.

The nice thing is that I got my flick in the head from myself and from an outside source...

Something I posted to one of my groups: "Ask yourself, "Even though I failed in relation to the target I set, am I closer to my goal now than I was before I started out on this goal?" (gotta love the straight forward questions from Dax!)

If the answer is yes, then keep on keepin on!!! If no, then you know what you were doing wasn't going to work for you anyway. Good riddance and move on from that learning opportunity."

Something I email to my friend: "I know that I'm eating the way I need to in order to maintain muscle mass, and also build it, even if it's just a tiny bit each month. I may be eating too much or too little... or I may be doing too much cardio, which could be stalling my efforts. I'm seeing progress in my physical appearance and muscle definition. My hope is that if I keep on keeping on I'll eventually (sooner than later!) hit that point where the flames I'm fanning in my
muscles eventually takes over and becomes the fat burning furnace."

And then I looked to a person that I really admire and her accomplishments. I re-read her blog about the same struggles she went through and looked at her super hawt 'after' photos' and was encouraged.

I just need to keep on keeping on. The journey is filled with peaks and valleys. Unfortunately, when you're in a valley, it can block your view of end the goal and make you feel lost and aimless. Eventually you find your way back up to the peak and you get a glimpse of what you're working so hard for. That's what keeps you moving up that hill.




Technorati : , , , , ,

No comments: