Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bleh


Yeah, it's been a few days and while the brain is whirring away with different ideas and thoughts, just haven't been in a good headspace to write anything. Well, I /could/ it would just come across as snarky and elitist.

I've been resting (mostly), I've been afflicted with sinus & allergy issues from heck (worst cosmic joke: it's the most beautiful time of the year her in AZ and the most deadly to me... I want to be outside, I want to have the windows open at home, but if I do, I'm miserable. bah!), I've been stressy and over all just feeling... meh.

Wacky fun times in my part of the world.

No, things aren't all doom and gloom, and yes, I'm still working on maintaining my positive attitude about things in general...

Oh, wanted to share something interestesting that happened this weekend:

I saw a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a long timeand got a LOT of complements... (The Once and Future King made me blush BIG time!!!)

I did have one lady stop me and ask what I was doing. I did my usual response: "It's this really radical and out there thing that I'm not sure it's safe but wow am I getting results!"

She waited in anticipation to hear the magic bullet I'd found!

"It's called the 'Eat Real Food and Exercise' plan."

She looked me dead in the eye and said, "No, really... what are you doing?"

I said, "Really... eating better, eating a LOT of real food, and exercising... "

"Oh. Well... you MUST be spending hours in the gym, right?"

"Yep, at least 2-3 hours... [insert look of relief] a WEEK [incredulous look]"

"No, that can't be right... oh well, you look great anyway."

She wandered away and I was left shaking my head.




Technorati : , , ,

No comments: