Monday, May 11, 2009

The view from the other side


I know, I said I was done with talking about The Sick, but it's been an interesting week since it all happened. Going from feeling on top of the world to the stuff that's stuck on the bottom of the universe's shoe can give you an appreciation for the little things - like stamina.



Mine is building up slowly, but I'm having trouble feeling the love for any activity, especially since the temps here in Tucson are hitting 100 pretty darn consistently (the forecast said it was only supposed to be 99 today, and its 102!) it's hard to get enthused about anything. :) I went out for a walk yesterday morning and was out the door by around 7:45 am (yes... AM. Yes. On a Sunday. Yes. I'm one of /those/ people. ;). By the time I got home I was sweating - not from the great cardio effort, but because it was close to 90.

Oh yeah, and I haven't gained back any of the weight that dropped during The Sick. It's fluctuated by about a pound either side, but still holding steady. I'm not quite sure how to feel about it. It was about a 4# drop literally overnight, and I worry about the whole potential for losing muscle mass. But things are still firm, just the 'blanket' covering it is feeling less than tight.

I'm looking forward to getting back to things, and this has been a really good opportunity to look at my overall program and make tweaks. Look back at what is and isn't working, and make a plan that's going to get me the results I want. Gonna be fun! :)




Technorati : , , , , , ,

No comments: