Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rainy Season


It's been an... interesting week. It's not that I haven't had a lot to say - it's more that I'm practicing the age old advice of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

There's probably a ton of reasons for the continual cranky/sore/worn down feeling (::coughAFgirlietimeapproachingcough::) and it's put me in a weird place overall. It's really not helping in the fitness arena, either. Last night was the most challenging workout I had in a long time. I felt so weak! I understand that I'm getting back to it after a 3-ish week forced hiatus and I drop the amount of weight a lot, but I felt like it was my first time instead of 50th+. On the treadmill afterwards I felt like I was slogging through mud and just couldn't get my body to work the way I wanted it to.

Then I yelled at my hubby.

Twice.

On top of it, it's been overcast/rainy all week here - which may be signalling the start of rainy 'monsoon' season here in Southern AZ.

It's sort of a metaphor for what's going on in my life - seeds have been planted, and now they have to grow. But growth doesn't ever come easy. You have a tiny seed full of all the potential of the rose, but it first has to sit in the soil, in the dark, getting rained on to gather nutrients and soften its shell, in order to make the transition from seed to sprout.

I also got this in an email from my hubby's awesome Mentor and Coach, John Di Lemme, ""Endless Sunshine causes Deadly Deserts - That's Why in Your Success Journey - Emotional Tears are Important

Yes, the Tears are Exactly what Your Success Journey Needs to build the Roots
to withstand the storms as you keep Pressing on in your Life...

You may not Understand it Now but you will as you Forge Forward to
the Fulfillment and Achievement of Your Why...

Go For it...

Take Challenging Action NOW!"

While I haven't really shed actual tears of late (though the girlie time of the month brings them to the surface pretty darn easily!), the days when things don't go as planned, when progress isn't seen or made, when it seems like you're just taking steps backwards instead of forwards, those are the rainy times. Those are the times when your soul is really being strengthened for the times ahead.

It's times like this when you really discover what you're made of - do you stop when life gets difficult? Do you keep charging forward regardless? Are you upset because you're forced out of your comfort zone, or do you welcome the challenge?

This certainly isn't the worst week I've faced - I've made a few adjustments, got done what I needed to, I've worked my plan, and look forward to a brighter future, which could be as close as the next minute. I know that I've grown, I've adapted and had a chance to re-evaluate and solidify my short term goals.

So all in all... it's been a productive cranky phase. :)




Technorati : , , ,

No comments: