Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Best Laid Plans


People make plans... God laughs. That's kind of how I'm feeling right now. I had an awesome week all planned out - I was excited about it and couldn't wait for it to start.

Now... not so much. Sunday night, got really, really sick. Not sure what happened - could have been something I ate, could have just been my body rebelling - dropped 5 pounds literally over night. Not a good thing. Either way, plans changed for the week.

It's interesting how quickly priorities change, too. I went from working to run for 5 minutes straight to hoping I could stand for 5 minutes without passing out.

I spent the better part of yesterday with my butt parked on the couch, dozing, attempting to choke down food and liquid but not doing well at either.

Today, I opted to stay home again with the sole purpose of getting my strength back up. So far I've already had more to eat & drink than I had all day yesterday so I take that as a good sign. Now to revise my plan for the next couple of weeks to ease back into activity.


No comments: