Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How did that happen?


So... was a little overboard on food yesterday, but then the scale settled firmly on 199.5. o_O ok... guess it *was* a good thing to only have cereal last night. Not gonna be too excited about it till I'm at 199.0 or, even better 198.5. but still... yay! I'm gettin' there! :)

Woke up with monster headache, dealing with annoying work type stuff. Making me all cranky & emo, and wanting to have not so good for me stuff. Had the passing thought of 'wish life wasn't so challenging when I'm trying to get my health/nutrition in order'... well, ya know what? Life *is* challenging and there will always be something to throw a wrench in your plans. Like the Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times."

If life was all tra-la-la happy all the time, imagine how hard it would be to deal with a small disruption like stubbing your toe. OMG it'd be the end of the world. I still remember a quote by a NSD for Mary Kay: The strength of the woman shows in the size of the problem it takes to stop her. Is it getting cancer? Is it a parent dying? Is it a sick child? Is it the cat throwing up? Seems silly to have that last thing in with "big" stuff, but it's all the same if that's all it takes to stop you from reaching your goals.




Technorati : , , ,

No comments: