Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cuz *I* deserve it!


Had an interesting morning... It's Cranky Wednesday(tm) and my Inner Brat, Veruca, decided to show up. I didn't get much sleep last night so extra tired today, and while getting myself, breakfast and lunch ready I was thinking about this weekend and the whole "gee, hope I don't blow it" popped into my head. And then Veruca chimed in with things like "I'm tired of measuring the amount of cream we put in the coffee... and sheesh... weighing the turkey for the sammich? Such a pain... why do we have to do this?! Ooh, maybe we can have some ice cream for dessert tonight! We've been good, we deserve it!"

I had a momentary lapse and it really seemed like a good idea... then I realized that it's only my 3rd day into this venture and I was going to cave already?!?!

I don't think so.

I started to think about what I *really* deserve, and what that means... I could go into the whole Manifest Destiny thing and how this country was created by people who felt the 'deserved' everything they saw, no matter what.... but I won't.

But I did look up what "deserve" means: Merit, be worthy of, ought to have, earn, warrant, justify. Talk about contradictory meanings!

I do know that I do deserve to be strong of body, mind and spirit. I deserve to be healthy. I deserve to have a long, full life. I deserve to put healthy, nutritious fuel into my body. My honey deserves to have a happy, healthy, sexy partner, and *I* DESERVE to be that person...not to mention I deserve to look hot in my wedding dress in 8 months.

Veruca liked that last bit. And even suggested that we work really hard toward that last goal so maybe we can go shopping because the dress we have will be too big... I can totally get on board with that. :)




Technorati : , , , , ,

No comments: