Wednesday, May 23, 2007

That's it...


I feel old. Star Wars is 30 years old this week. Which means that I'm older than that...


*sigh* I remember having the huge crush on Luke Skywalker... his boy next door charm, his blue eyes, blonde hair, and dimpled chin... Boy was I a dork. As I've grown up, I've realized that the blondes are cute and all, but I've definitely come to appreciate the dangerous yumminess of Han Solo...


Either way, I remember sitting in a crowded theater with my parents - one of the few times we all three went together - waiting for this new epic movie to be shown... and how it lingered in my mind for years afterwards. The effects! The costuming! WTF Cinnamonbunhead?! The ideas and ideals. Good vs. Evil, but in the shades of grey manner. It spurred the imagination, made the mind look to the stars and wonder what really was 'out there'. It also made us look closer to home to see what lessons a distant galaxy could teach us.


I know that Matell or whoever made the figurines made a mint off of my parents - I had soooo many of the figures, cars, cases, games... I still have a whoooole mess of them, and if I could make any money off of eBay from them, I would... but they were more than lovingly used so there's little market for them, me thinks.


No comments: