Friday, May 25, 2007

Connections


I keep thinking about the cycle of connection/spirituality/awareness that I go through. Sometimes my senses are heightened and I feel very connected to myself, the earth, people around me. Other times I close myself off and feel very alone.


Was talking with the roomie last night about how frustrating it can be when we really start taking care ourselves, we end up finding out somethings wrong with us - thyroid, PCOS, chronic fatigue, etc. But those problems were always there, we just chose to accept them as normal, and they were until we took the time to be aware of ourselves and our bodies.


I keep thinking about how I feel with the choice of taking on the challenge of fertility awareness, and it keeps going to a mother earth-y/goddess type place... And I feel like that's just stoopid, I'm not that kind of person, it's based on science and yadda yadda yadda... then again, what's so bad about feeling that? There must be a reason, and when I think about it, it's about connecting with the most spiritual temple we all have - our bodies. The more self aware I am, and connected with that temple, the calmer and happier I am. I for one can't find anything wrong with that. Heck, I might even go dancing nekked in the forest... after having lots of tequilla of course. ;)


No comments: