Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thought for Thursday... from other people


I'm thinking that all my encouraging, thoughtful energy was spent yesterday... so today I will just share these awesome quotes that have crossed my path this week.

"No stream or gas drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated and disciplined."
~Harry E. Fosdick
----------

Don't change just enough to get away from your problems - change enough to solve them.
Don't change your circumstances to improve your life - change yourself to improve your circumstances.
Don't do the same old things expecting to get different results - get different results by doing something new.
Don't wait to see the light to change - start changing as soon as you feel the heat.
Don't see change as something hurtful that must be done - see it as something helpful that can be done.
Don't avoid paying the immediate price of change - if you do, you will pay the ultimate price of never improving.
~John Maxwell
-------------------

Change can't be viewed as the enemy - instead, it is the source of both personal growth and organizational salvation.
~Warren Bennis
---------------------

"Blessing doesn't follow a need, it follows a seed.

God doesn't give you your needs, but He will give you the right seed.

The speed of your obedience determines the speed of your harvest.

The instruction I obey is the future I create.

When my measure of seed equals my measure of faith, the right harvest will come into my life.

Your seed today protects your tomorrow. Faith without seed is incomplete, and seed without faith is incomplete.

Stop looking at what you don't have and start celebrating what you do have. Thankfulness is the right attitude!"
~Dr. Nasir Siddiki

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And to plant a small seed - tomorrow (Friday, 9/18) is the "birthday" of the US Air Force... to commemorate this event, I decided to do a 5K (not outside and with adequate time between my snack and the actual walk/run! LOL!).

I will be joined in spirit by a few of my CrossFit teammates - some will be walking, some running, some biking - each of us doing a little extra work for the men and women who are working so hard by serving in some capacity to keep us safe.

Let me know if you will be joining me to do a personal 'thank you' for those that work so hard.

No comments: