Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update fun...


Wow... It's been a few days since I've written anything! It's been a really busy few days at work and personally and while my brain has been bursting with ideas, it's that whole time vs. energy thing - I haven't had either. But either way, here I am. I set my timer for 15 minutes to do a small brain dump to at least get a few things out.

I had a small breakthrough today... actually I had 2, but one more momentous than the other. I was out on my walkies this morning, listening to the No Excuses radio show and this lady called in to ask about how to get away from using the scale as the measure of success. He gave some good examples and I had a stray thought that literally stopped me in my tracks.

I had decided to do a once a month weigh in, and as of today I'm down to 176.2. whoo hoo! I'm very excited since I haven't seen that number in forever. I'm even more excited because I'm fast approaching the 30% body fat mark which totally kicks butt! What's even better is the fact that the thought I had was that I don't care if the scale never goes down again, as long as the body fat continues to drop. If I'm at my current weight, but at my goal BF of 20%, I'd have 140 pounds of bone and musckles! So actually, I'd be at my goal weight, just not in the way I anticipated. But what struck me is that I really have moved from relying on the scale for my motivation and for it to tell me what mood I'll be in, and I'm just using it as a tool for the greater picture. Yes, I still get annoyed if it goes up or doesn't go down as fast as *I* want it to, but I understand now that there's more factors to consider and if one part of the equation doesn't seem ideal, maybe the other parts are.

The second thing that happened is that I wore pants today that I haven't been able to wear in years! (I'd say about 8-10 years) They were a little snug in the waist, but they were a solid size 14! No spandex stretchyness, just an unforgiving waistband at a size 1-4! Schweet! I was so excited! I told someone at work about it. "I haven't worn these in 10 years!" I boasted.

Then I realized, "holy cr@p! I'm wearing 10+ year old pants! Why?!" I mean, yes, I deserve to wear a smaller size, but why do I deserve to wear clothes that are that old and are slightly out of style? They're semi'-classic' but the pleats in the front aren't flattering no matter the size and the tapered leg really dates them. So they, along with the 3 other pairs of pants I've been saving till I can wear them again... they're in the donate pile. Yes it's wasteful, but I'm in an entitled mood, so there. :P LOL!




Technorati : , , , , , ,

No comments: