Sunday, September 28, 2008

Success!


I've been the semi-lame-o sparker lately. I let my dh being home and then sinus issues get in the way of my pretty solid routine. I've spent the weekend getting my eating back on track because I knew if I didn't I'd hit the big brick wall tomorrow when I go back to the gym and do my HIIT workout.

The end of my first 12 weeks is coming up and I have goals that I want to reach, and one of them entails wearing a skirt that I have NEVER been able to wear for... I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how long it's been in my closet, but I do believe it's been with me almost a decade. I have never worn it because I have never been able to zip it up, and most of the time I haven't even been able to pull it up past my thighs.

Why do I keep it? Well, it's one of those elusive, yet hopeful items that I like well enough to keep, and I keep thinking 'one day... oh yes, one day it will be worn.' The tag says size 16, but even 8-10 years ago when I was wearing small 16's, and 16's were cut a bit smaller than today, it didn't fit.

The goal was to wear it for dinner where ever we go for my birthday in a couple of weeks. Since I've been feeling frumpy and flubbery, I figured I'd best suck it up and see how far I still have to go to get in it.

I have about ... oh, no further! It slid on easy, it ZIPPED easy. it fits!!! Ok, I'm afraid to sit down in it, but a couple of weeks of strength training and some focused cardio will take care of that easy peasy!

::does happy dance!!::

::eyes big white bag with The Wedding Dress:: you're next! And then off it goes to the nice Pink Envelope people.




Technorati : , , , , ,

No comments: