Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's Wednesday...



and I'm not so cranky, aktsuly. I /am/ a bit ADHD/LOLbrained, though.

Cinnamon Coffee Cake Kashi bar - not so good aktsuly.

See what I mean?!

Had a very nice walk this morning - not sticking too close to my plan, but have gotten up and out the last 2 days for a walk. The sunrises have been beautiful so that has made it worth while, not to mention the chance to play with puppies around the park. This morning I had the passing thought of "I need a dog" - at least I'd have the reason of taking said pup out for a walk in the morning to get me going, but yeah, overall not going to happen.

BUT had an awesome compliment this morning. I have a co-worker who's finally been given the go ahead from her doc to resume normal activity after she had surgery on her arm. She's been doing lots of walking and trying to get in shape and when she told me she's good to go, I jokingly said that I'd get her going on a super weight lifting routine. Well today she asked where her routine was. o_O umm... thought you were joking when you said you wanted it.

Schweet!

So I spent about 15 min talking to her about modifications for some exercises so she could build the strength back up in her arm and not hurt it or herself but still get a good work out. Then explained the whole 'can't spot reduce but building muscle all over is awesome' concept. She honestly hadn't heard of spot reducing... it's like she's a exercise virign! I love it!

And it made me realize that, not only do I have the info to help people, there are people who actually want the help /and/ are willing to listen. This perfect timing since I was starting to doubt my choice of moving forward with the personal trainer certification.

Oh, speaking of that, Jillian Michaels scares me. A lot. Don't get me wrong, I totally admire her and have a teeny girl crush on her and her super hot bod (but come on! find some pants that go higher than your hip bone or get a tat on that spot... tired of seeing it! LOL!) but I did the first work out on her 30-day shred DVD last night and hated every minute of it. It was challenging and I'm feeling it today, so that's cool, but there was minimal talk of proper form, there was too much bouncing during the cardio part and OMG hate push ups! Especially 5 sets of different types of push ups. blech. I'm sure there's some people who love it, and it was really uncomfortable for me. As she says I get that you need to be uncomfortable to make changes, but there's discomfort that makes you want to push through it and grow, and theres discomfort that makes you want to run away screaming.

I had the latter.

I haven't had that in a long time. So I'm glad that I have NetFlix to help me try before buying, but I may try out her book for the pictures and weight routines.



Technorati : , , , , ,

No comments: