Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's all about perspective

I was going through some photos that I had on my computer, trying to get some organization to them and also getting a collection to put on as a slideshow. These photos spanned the last 4-5 years and all I can say is that it's amazing to see the changes - good or bad - that take place to ones body over those years.


I picked out some to share and it's a nice comparison since it's the same dress in all but one. :) http://picasaweb.google.com/stephanie.flagg/Progress#


I'll be adding a few more to it later and use it as a monthly progress 'report' since photos seem to do more for what is really going on than the mirror. The mirror is awesome but at the same time I can chose which angle to see myself at when I'm brushing my teeth. But the camera just takes the photo for better or worse. And since I don't have the luxury of a team of PhotoShop artists at my disposal, it's aaaaallll me.


I find it really interesting to look over things like this in a compressed fashion - like the timelapse films of a seed sprouting to a flower. The big turning point for me mentally was reading over the last year's blog entries and realizing that I didn't want to be that person any more. More important, I knew what type of person I wanted to be and made the appropriate changes. Looking at photos where I (and my DH!) don't even recognize the face looking back makes me realize that I'm doing something right.


And also make me realize it's time to cut my hair.


Now if I can just figure out a witty comeback to all the, "Gee, have you lost weight?!?!?" comments I'll be happy. I'm thinking something like, ::deep, lamenting sigh:: "No, actually, I just put on 40 pounds, but thanks for noticing."


Think that'll work? :)




Technorati : , , , ,

No comments: