Thursday, July 17, 2008

Words of Wisdom


From the Healthy Reflection today:
Self-love is the only weight-loss aid that really works in the long run.


- Jenny Craig, diet guru


Battle scars from the Diet War


Like Martha Graham, who said that "The body is a sacred garment. It's your first and last garment; it is what you enter life in and what you depart life with, and it should be treated with honor," Jenny Craig seems to know a thing or two about caring for your body and your self. In the Garden of Eden, eating was modeled as one of life's most pleasurable experiences. But then Eve took a bite out of that apple (so much for the low calorie, low fat, high fiber theory), and women (and men) have been at war with food ever since. Both of these quotes reflect this fact. Are your weight issues really a symptom of something else--boredom, depression, regret, or rejection? At the root of many issues is our self-loathing at worst, our self-indifference at best. Food is not the enemy. We are. Break the cycle of dieting and replace it with loving yourself enough to make good choices about your diet. Examine your eating habits this week. Are you honoring your body with your food choices? How can you love yourself back to a healthy relationship with eating? Take steps towards defeating the natural compulsion or craving that might take you down a path of regretful eating. Remember the sacredness of your own skin


And from my No Excuses email this morning...


Each day you are given a clean slate to be health:


- do your Workout
- avoid making excuses
- drink 64 ounces of water
- have breakfast within an hour of waking up
- don't skip meals
- have healthy snacks at mid-morning and mid-afternoon
- don't let one or two bad days lead you to give up
- STAY POSITIVE


Those last 2 are ones that I _really_ need to focus on... and definitely the excuses thing.


There was no cardio for me this morning - I opted to get my blood work done instead and OMG was I hungry & cranky by the time I got done... I'm not used to waiting that long after I get up to eat, but I'm looking forward to seeing the results and seeing what I need to work on.


Tonight is my night to do strength stuff, and if the humidity drops a bit and my tummy settles down (the good and bad of getting back to eating lots of fruits & veggies... nuff said) I may even go for a walk.




Technorati : , , , , , ,

No comments: