Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tired Thrusday


That pretty much says it all... I'm just tired today. I keep thinking of the stories you hear over and over again: "as soon as I started exercising consistently, I had boundless energy! I was unstoppable." Ok, so I've been exercising consistently and I'm pooped! What's wrong with me?!?!

Oh yeah, I have chronic fatigue and my adrenals are slowly coming back to life, and that means that exercise can invigorate and exhaust the wee little gland at the same time. That's what.

So what that means is that I didn't go to the gym this morning, I didn't do Pilate's, I didn't do squat... unless doing roll overs to hit the snooze counts as strength training.

And what this also means is that I'm hovering on the line that separates the whiny, rationalizing world from the learning one's limits and adapting accordingly. Luckily I feel like I'm on the 2nd side, not the first.

Looking at where I am now and where I was before, I know that it's just a matter of building up to the point where I can do 5 days straight of cardio. Where I was, I'd be lucky if I would be able to do low to moderate cardio 1x every 3 days, and my diet (the little 'd' diet which means my food intake, unlike Diet that's the evil 4 letter word) wouldn't support or nurture my body's effort anyway.

Where I am now, my diet is a lot cleaner, and the better I eat, the better I feel and the more I want to move and be active. Where I am now, I can do moderate to high intensity 3 days in a row before needing a break. Then I can get back to it and feel better.

Where I am going, I will be doing those 4-5 days of cardio straight, and eating to be a fat burning machine. In order to get there, there's 2 really important pieces that I've been putting off for whatever reason: 1) getting more sleep. As much as I've been fussing about it, I'm still only getting about 5-6 hours. Not cuttin' it. As much as I love the calls from the hubby (squee! :) at the end of his day, they come in around 10-11:30. So, no calls after 10:15, no TV after 10:00 and lights out at 10:30. 2) More stretching. It's a big one for so many people, including myself. I do a quick leg stretch before hopping on the treadmill or elliptical and another 10-20 second stretch afterwards then go on my merry way. Again, not cuttin' it. But this one is a bit more tricky of how to fit it in due to time. then again, I don't need to do an hours worth of yoga after each workout... just 5 minutes of major focused stretching to release all the ick I've built up during the workout. And since Thursdays have been the day where it all hits me, doing my yoga or Pilate's tape that morning. Yeah, seems workable.




Technorati : , , , ,

No comments: