Monday, July 28, 2008

Quickie type update


Got the actual lab results from my doc, and wow...

First the good:
Total Cholesterol: 146
Triglycerides: 85 (down from the 150's a year ago!!!)
HDL: 42
LDL: 87

Glucose: 78 (pretty standard for me)

I feel so geeky and old being happy about the levels, but knowing that the bad things have decreased and the good stuff has gone up make me really, really happy!!

The mostly bad: I've gone being hypothyroid to hyperthyroid. It's good because it's helped with giving me energy and being productive, (coughweightlosscough), but bad because it can lead to all sorts of problems, including the nervousness and trouble sleeping I've already been experiencing... but didn't want to admit. It can also lead to heart issues, goiters, etc. Not fun.

Faxed the results to my other doc who is regulating this and most likely will mean a drop in my medication dosage. Whee.




Technorati : ,

No comments: