Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happiness is... A good PR agent!


Looks like the High Fructose Corn Syrup PR folks have a new client: Trans Fat!

::throws confetti::

I saw the commercial for Smart Balance, saying how they have the lowest amount of transfat... /only/ .07 g/serving, which means it's healthy, right?! Combine that with a nice glass of HFCS (in moderation of course) and a schmear of almost transfatty free spread on your enriched & nearly additive free bread and you're set!

Yeah, whatever.

It's really annoying how there's this push to make things that really aren't good for you seem like a reasonable, healthy choice.

But that's really it, isn't it? Choice.

I have chosen to eliminate foods from my grocery cart that contain ingredients that I can't identify, that were created in someone's lab, etc. I have chosen to eat a 'clean' diet that's free of extra stuff that my body can't process and doesn't do anything to promote good healthy.

But there are times when I choose to, say, eat out at a restaurant or at someone's home, and I'm not able to control what they put in the food. And I still choose to add a scoop of Tim Horton's hot cocoa to my coffee once in a while, knowing full well that it's got hydrogenated oil in it.

There may be a time when I find that completely unacceptable, but right now, I'm ok with that. :)

Oh, and Bon Mardi Gras, tout les mondes!!! (hey, my French classes in High School paid off!)



Speaking of choices, I'm soooo tempted to exercise my choice of doing my Mardi Gras duty of having a paczki! It's a tradition that my mom started and I know Bashas' always has at least a few varieties... but also know I'll feel like total poo afterwards from it... *sigh*




Technorati : , , ,

No comments: