Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...




It's been an interesting few days, to say the least. This weekend was busy - worked a bridal fair with the hubby which meant many long hours on my feet on a concrete floor, getting over stimulated, dealing with all sorts of people, not eating well, and just getting overtired in general.

That doesn't bode well for my mood or with keeping the brain/mouth filter engaged. Yes, I know that I'm working on finding my authentic voice, but there are times that it needs to be kept in check... as my horoscope today pointed out:

"Telling others exactly what you think seems like a good idea at first, but it quickly becomes apparent that it's more complicated than just speaking your mind."

Yeah, wish I'd read that yesterday. I was _really_ cranky yesterday, and many people were annoying the heck out of me, like that was their life's purpose! One co-worker caught me at the wrong time and I went off on her unreasonable expectations of others.

I stormed off and went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror... I realized what was annoying me is the fact that I was being faced with parts of my own personality that I wasn't proud of, that I didn't like, or that I have done a lot of work to let go of.

Gotta love silly opportunities for growth. They present themselves when you need it the most, but when you really don't want it.




Technorati : , , , , , ,

No comments: