Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I should know better


Knowing my inner brats is kind of fun, and occasionally they make sense. But I'm old enough to know that, when it comes down to it, their ideas are more self-serving than selfless, and yet there's times when I give in. And more often than not, I regret it.


This morning was one of those times.


I've been feeling a bit more run down than usual, and I think it's the whole change of season cold/sinus thingy showing up. I've got the low grade fever, headache, scratchy throat, stuffy head, achiness going on. Started taking my super vitamins last night and attempted to go to bed early but that didn't happen. Was restless all night and when my alarm went off at 5:30, Veruca & Stevie went into full whiny mode. While I agree that skipping the workout (especially since it was gonna be the heavy duty HIIT one) was a good idea - don't want to wear my system down any more than it already is right now - the falling back asleep was not. I don't know why I can't remember that. I usually feel decent enough when I first wake up, but if I go back to sleep for more than 5-10 minutes, I feel worse. It's like my body is fine with the initial shock, but if I don't take advantage, it rebels. Blah.


Lesson learned - regardless if I'm not going to the gym, get up, enjoy the sunrise or something, but don't go back to sleep unless it's going to be for 4 more hours!


So here I am feeling icky and in need of a nap, but not enough to rationalize being home. Meh.


Worst thing - I have a dentist appointment this afternoon. I usually have no problems with going to the dentist - I was lucky growing up to have a really nice one, and my current one is about the same. But right now money is extra tight and I swear they like to invent stuff that I need done... hello! of course my gums are bleeding! you're using the floss like a mafia hitman would use piano wire! And since I'm already extra sore, I have a feeling it's going to be even more uncomfortable. But alas, too late to change the appointment without incurring a 'late cancel' fee. Grrr...


::breathing:: Why is it so much harder to deal with the little things when you're not feeling that well?




Technorati : , , , ,

No comments: