Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday: Christmas Eve Edition...


I've been wracking my brain for something thought provoking, touching and/or light hearted non-denominational, mostly PC yet faith filled/hopeful to say to wish folks a very happy Christmas... and it just wasn't coming to me.

I know! Me! At a loss for words!


Yep... I knew it! (and ironically, I grew up about 35-ish miles SW of here and have never been there!)

Anywho, in one of those "Ask and you shall recieve" moments, I got an email from the always poignant Dax Moy who is a brillant man that ditched December in Britan for a lovely holiday in Florida...

Since he beautifully sums up what I've been struggling with, I shall let him take over...

But before I do, I want to wish everyone a very happy, healthy, hopeful, peace filled day tomorrow. Regardless if you're celebrating Christmas or Friday, I hope that it's magical and wonderful, just like you!

Thank you for making my life richer just by being you!

Many, many hugs,
Stephanie

Now take it away, Dax!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~

I'm in Florida right now for my winter vacation with my family but I thought I'd take just a minute to say 'Hi' and, if you're celebrating Christmas, wish you a wonderful Christmas day for tomorrow.

And hey, if you're NOT celebrating Christmas because your religion or belief doesn't celebrate it then, guess what? I still want to wish you a wonderful Friday and hope that it brings you everything you wish for : )

But before I go and hit these crazy theme parks with my family today, I just wanted to share something about Christmas and, truth be told, the celebration days of people of all faiths with you.

Personally, I think this is amazing... I hope you do too : )

All of the holy figures throughout all of the holy books of all time have shared the exact same qualities:

- They all had the ability to love without limit, to share that love and teach others how to do the same.

- They all had the ability to care beyond reason for all those who they came into contact with

- They all had the ability to give beyond limits, often giving away all they had in order to help others

- They all had the ability to believe in something bigger, better and more powerful than they had actual proof for in their lives

- They all had the ability to stride confidently in the direction of their biggest dreams, regardless of the ridicule and punishment often sent upon them by others

- They all had the ability to see fears as nothing more than 'tests' as to how much they really believed in their purpose

And by these qualities, holy men, prophets, Messiah and 'Enlightened Ones' have changed not only the course of their own lives but the course of mankind as a whole.

Pretty amazing, don't you think?

But what's REALLY amazing is that these qualities are in each and every one of us has the opportunity to demonstrate them not just at Christmas or Ramadan or Hanukah but every day.

- EVERY day we can all show love and teach others to do the same

- EVERY day we can offer genuine care and concern for those we come into contact with (as well as those who are afar)

- EVERY day we can give, no matter how small, to help others experience life in a better way

- EVERY day we can believe that something better awaits us rather than getting caught up in the negativity that we often find ourselves enmeshed in

- EVERY day we can think about, talk about and act upon our biggest dreams and inspire others to do the same

- EVERY day we can pull apart the fabric of our fears by doing just one small thing that scares us

- EVERY day we can live out the message that Christmas and, in fact, every Holy Day (Holiday) is supposed to teach
us.

When you think about it, every day WE have the ability to do AMAZING things with the power we've been given...

...EVERY day!

Have a wonderful Friday And Saturday, and Sunday and...

(you get the message!) : )

Truth, joy and love

Dax Moy
www.themagichundred.com


No comments: