Saturday, November 22, 2008

My sinuses make... grateful

I know this time of year I spend a LOT of time complaining about my sinuses, mainly because it's either there or my throat that I get hit with any sort of regular ickiness. In fact, this morning I woke up and felt like my head was filled with cement and have been struggling with it and my energy level, since.

And I'm grateful for it.

No, really, I am.

I was talking with a couple of co-workers yesterday and the one was telling about her latest bout of pleurisy after she had the flu, and think she had something else around the same time. I remembered thinking, when I first met her, how healthy she was - a vegetarian, thin, tall, seemingly active. Apparently not.

I do understand that some people get the short end of the immune system stick. I thought I was one of those people, too: getting sick at the drop of a hat, staying sick.

I realized that this is only the 2nd time this year that I've been sick - the last time was the allergy/stress induced bronchitis right before the wedding (go me). So while I really dislike being sick, considering this is the biggest issue I've had, I think I'm coming out way ahead. It means I'm doing the ounce of prevention every day to keep myself healthy and if something gets through, then my system will be strong enough to keep it from totally wiping me out. (that's the theory & I'm sticking to it)

No comments: