Friday, July 31, 2009

Question of the day


Q: How do you know if you're using the right muscles to execute a pull-up?

A: If you wake up the next morning and the muscles of your back along your rib cage are seriously pi$$ed off at you, you're doin' it right.



While I didn't make my goal of an unassisted pull/chin-up this month, I _did_ use the assist machine to do several this week.

Now, I understand the mixed feelings folks have about using machines - there's generally more cons than pros - but honestly, I'm ok with using it right now.

I was shown how to use a band to help myself up. I was show how to do a jumping one. Tried them both and would do way more damage to myself doing 1-2 of those, over doing 10-15 of the assisted ones. My goal right now is to strengthen the muscles I need to ultimately support my body weight.

Either way... Holy Macaroni, Batman! I did pull-ups!


No comments: