Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Make EVERY week positive self talk week!


Oh wait... it's really "End Fat Talk" week...but I like my title better. ;)

Here's a bit more on it, in case you're wondering what it's all about.

What is "fat talk"?! It's those times when you focus on your flaws (Ugh, my thighs are HUGE!), or dismiss a complement about your looks (Thanks... but I'm so much heavier than I want to be), or overall talk bad to yourself (I'm so fat and ugly!)

But really, it's an even bigger. It's not just what you say about the size of your posterior, it's also about what you say about yourself.

Well, this week, your assignment is to follow a simple rule: If you can't say anything nice (to yourself), don't say anything at all.

Do you realize you have thousands and thousands of stray thoughts that cross your mind every day? Some of them you are aware of - what to have for lunch, how am I going to pay the bills, oh shiny, I like her top but not those shoes, etc.) Then there's the autopilot ones that help you do your daily routines: getting ready in Others aren't quite so obvious, because they're so much a part of your thought process you don't even notice it.

How many times to you say to yourself, "I'm such a goof/dork!" or "I can't believe I'm so stupid!" or worse?

These phrases just slip out without provocation. It's part of the script that's so ingrained in your thoughts, having developed over the years from negative reinforcement, a stray comment you heard once when you were 7, things you've said and weren't challenged so they must be true!

Guess what: they aren't true. None of it.

The mean thing your mom told you. The nasty comment the popular girls sneered at you. The random insult from a stranger.

Just words, based in fear, part of your past that should not be part of your present or future.

Here are some new words for you, based in love:

YOU are amazing!

YOU are beautiful!

YOU are talented!

YOU are powerful beyond measure!

YOU can do anything you set your mind to!

YOU have amazing dreams that you have every right to pursue achieve!

YOU have a WHY-volution starting inside you that's bursting to break free and help you do amazing things!

Yes, I mean YOU! You - right there, reading this, I'm talking to you. Don't let anyone (_especially_ you! ;) tell you anything differently!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Here's some resources to get yourself on the positive self talk train!

Post a love note to yourself or someone else:
OperationBeautiful.com

We Are the Real Deal:
watrd.wordpress.com/
An amazing group of blogs by an equally amazing group of bloggers! They tackle a lot of subjects but the overall message is about radical self acceptance!

MizFit: mizfitonline.com/
One of the awesome WATRD bloggers and her motto: Unapologetically Myself/I am my own superhero.

Jonathon Roche's Radio show www.blogtalkradio.com/NoExcus
esWeightLoss/2009/06/10/No-Excuses-Wei
ght-Loss-w-Jonathan-Roche

Only positive,encouraging, empowering feedback! He also has a daily email list www.bigtent.com/groups/newo

And I will leave you with this great story I just received:

The nest of young eagles hung on every word as the Master Eagle described his exploits. This was an important day for the eaglets. They were preparing for their first solo flight from the nest.
It was the confidence builder many of them needed to fulfill their destiny.



"How far can I travel?" asked one of the eaglets.
"How far can you see?" responded the Master Eagle.
"How high can I fly?" quizzed the young eaglet.
"How far can you stretch your wings?" asked the old eagle.
"How long can I fly?" the eaglet persisted.
"How far is the horizon?" the mentor rebounded.
"How much should I dream?" asked the eaglet.
"How much can you dream?" smiled the older, wiser eagle.
"How much can I achieve?" the young eagle continued.
"How much can you believe?" the old eagle challenged.

Frustrated by the banter, the young eagle demanded, "Why don't you answer my questions?"

"I did."

"Yes. But you answered them with questions."

"I answered them the best I could."

"But you're the Master Eagle. You're supposed to know everything. If you can't answer these questions, who can?"

"You." The old wise eagle reassured.

"Me? How?" the young eagle was confused.

"No one can tell you how high to fly or how much to dream. It's different for each eagle. Only God and you know how far you'll go. No one on this earth knows your potential or what's in your heart. You alone will answer that. The only thing that limits you is the edge of your imagination."

The young eagle puzzled by this asked, "What should I do?"

"Look to the horizon, spread your wings, and fly."
~ Tom Reilly

Make EVERY week positive self talk week!

I believe in you!!!


No comments: