Saturday, January 23, 2010

The latest view from here...

Since we don't get much variance in the weather here in S. AZ, it's always exciting when something different happens... and last night we had a milder repeat of what happened on Thursday evening. Lots of rain, a little wind, a whole lotta snuggling under the blankets with the kitten pile!




And this is why it's all worth it...


view.jpg




(as of 10:30 am)




I've always said that if the beauty of the mountains ever stopped taking my breath away, I was either dead or it was time to move...




Glad to say I'm still alive and happy to stay. :)




And just for kicks, here's the view from the Mt Lemmon web cam just a bit ago...


lemmon2.jpg




(from www.snowrental.net/skiing/united-states/mount-lemmon/mount-lemmon-webcam.html )




The good news is that it means the power has most likely been restored... the "bad" is that it's buried under an inch or 2 of snow. :)




From the beautiful, big, dark floofy clouds forming to the east and south of us, I'd say we're in for a bit more fun this afternoon...




I do so love to see the snow lining the Catalinas like that... and so love that it stays up there. ;)

No comments: