Friday, March 30, 2007

PTB at it again...

Got this as my Brat Factor email today:

"If your eyes are blinded with your worries, you cannot see the beauty of the sunset. – Krishnamurti

I love knowing I have the power in any given moment to stop worrying. Once when I was a young, single mother, I was consumed with worry over finances. The thought, 'How am I going to make my mortgage payment,' was like a majorette, holding a baton, marching backward and blowing a whistle to the on-coming band of worry thoughts ready to move in and play their parts about my financial situation. I thought about those people who jumped off buildings when the Great Depression hit and the stock market crashed. I could understand how they felt. I went out on the deck off my second story bedroom and looked out over my yard with blinded eyes of worry and all I said was, "I need peace." INSTANTLY my worry disappeared! Parade over! Band gone! I was shocked by the instantaneous speed of my transformation in thinking as I was left standing in complete peace. I've used that statement, "I need peace," many times since that day and it works every time. I think our inner brats are the worriers and we have to recognize that we are worrying before we can do something about it. Whatever you are worried about right now, stop and recognize that you are worried, give your brat a mental hug to let her know everything is going to be alright and then declare, "I need peace." You will be amazed. Oh, and enjoy the sunset! "

How true it is! I need peace. And I have the power to stop worrying.

No comments: