Tuesday, November 6, 2007

::flick::


again with the PTB flicks to the head... from yesterday's Healthy Reflection:

"If you spend too much time working on your weaknesses, all you end up with is a lot of strong weaknesses. - Dan Sullivan, business coach

Playing to your strengths

It's tempting isn't it? It's so much easier to see what's wrong with yourself and your life than to take advantage of what's right. The problem is, too much focus on the negative can affect your attitude and opinion of yourself. It's a quick road to burnout. While it's important to pay attention to things you can improve, your best bet for a breakthrough lies in maximizing what you're already good at. The secret is to use those strengths to help boost yourself up where you need the help. What are your major talents? What do you have a special knack for? Set specific goals to improve those talents and don't fret as much about your weak spots. They'll get the extra help they need as you climb higher. "

Totally hits home... Was just thinking about those times when I feel like a total fake - someone complements me or gives me credit and I think "boy, got you fooled"... or I had my cousin once comment to me that "I like your life... I wanna have that when I grow up." I felt like she couldn't possibly want that because omg if she knew the *real* me, she would probably hate me.

But then again, that's the life we live in our own heads, and it's real to us, but that's not how others see us... how nice would it be to think of *ourselves* the way other people see us?! (all the good stuff, of course!) Why is it so hard to transition from beating ourselves up, to _building_ ourselves up? Part of FLYing is learning to love yourself the way you *are*, and appreciating and recognizing the good that you are and do. Time for me, at least, to start looking at that more often.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In other news I figured out (I think) the reason for my hands going nuts and breaking out/drying out like they have been... I've been focusing on keeping my water intake high and sodium level low... well, elecrolites and what not are getting out of wack. Duh. So gonna make myself the DIY sport drink - take a spoonful of drink mix, add a bit of salt, mix with water. *poof* instant sports drink.




Technorati : , ,

No comments: