Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Free For All

(that's really just a nice way of saying that I'm about to share the random jumble of things that have been bouncing around my head. ;)

Awesome quote that I had to share... Apply it to everything - money, fitness, health, hearth, home, heart.

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life. So don't dwell on past mistakes, that willl get you nowhere. Instead, focus on what you can and will do today, tomorrow, and the rest of your life, and all of the great things that will happen because of your actions. Get strong, be strong, stay strong. Have a great weekend and come back on Monday ready to tear it up." - Craig Ballentine

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A very special shout out to Miz "Runs with a Tiara/tutu" Fit [ www.MizFitonline.com and www.twofitchicks.org ] Carla Birnberg who is Orlando bound to run in the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon on Sunday.

I have expressed several times how much I *heart* MisFit. And listening to one of the latest podcasts about her training, I felt like she was was talking to me.

True to her "Unapologetically Myself" creed, she basically admitted not liking the whole process. She's committed to the 1/2 marathon, excited to do it, and super excited for it to be over. In her words, "I'm a Lifter, not a Runner." Then, to paraphrase, added that she will never run a marathon, and she's ok with that.

It's a timely message to me because last night I made the realization that I, too, am not a capital "R" Runner.

Now, before I get a slew of comments about anyone who runs/jogs/gimps along is a runner, lemme say I don't disagree with you. In fact, I do _now_ consider myself a runner (little "r").

Considering I was someone who vowed they would NEVER run unless being chased by Zombies (ok, don't need to run, Zombies are slow ;) or a rabid wild animal (squirrels can be scary, ya know!) it's a biiiig step to say that I am a runner.

In fact, I love to run... once in a while. As part of my overall fitness regimine.

What I'm learning is that I hate to Run. As in the I have to do it because I have a race coming up and need to do x, y and z runs to accomplish that.

I know! As much as I am all about the 'stay focused on your goals and act according to the boundries of those goals', I don't like getting caught up in the have to/must/need to aspect of it rather than just living it.

I'm working my way back to the "just mixin' it up and adding in new workout stuffs to what I normally do" mindset I had for my first 5K so I can get back to livin' it, lovin' it, and rockin' it, rather than dreadin' it.

Which means I may or may not do another competitive run after this. And there's a 99.999% chance I won't ever consider/train for/enter/participate in anything more than 5-10K.

And I'm ok with that.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Speaking of rockin' it... my pants?

Size 8!

::strikes a SUPAHSTAH pose::

No lonely pants for me today!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And finally, for the first time in ages I have absolutely no clue what to make for dinner. Thoughts? Suggestions?

No comments: